Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein’s sexual assault trial begins on Monday and actress Rosanna Arquette will be in court to support his alleged victims.
The former Hollywood producer is facing five charges relating to two women – all of which he denies – including two of rape.
If convicted he could face a life sentence.
Arquette has accused Weinstein of derailing her career after she resisted his advances and was one of first of dozens of women to come forward and tell her story in 2017.
Ahead of the New York trial she said: “I think either way, whatever happens, it’s still going to be hard for the people that came forward, in terms of retaliation. He’s all about that.
“You have all these women telling their stories. No one’s making this up, you know. And I guess the system is built to protect the predator.
“And we need to keep the focus on this crime and this case with Harvey Weinstein is – is – is huge because so many people are looking at it as being, you know, what happens next for all survivors, all across the world.
More from Harvey Weinstein
Harvey Weinstein: People have forgotten what I did for women in the movie business
Harvey Weinstein strikes $25m deal with accusers – report
Harvey Weinstein accused of breaching bail conditions by mishandling electronic tag
Jennifer Aniston: Hollywood was a ‘man’s business’… but not anymore
Harvey Weinstein: People removed from actors’ event after confronting shamed mogul
Harvey Weinstein appears in court to plead not guilty to new indictment
Actress Rose McGowan, another of Weinstein’s most prominent accusers, has said the trauma he caused her is so great she could not face being in court.
“The whole thing’s a horror movie, you know. It’s just, it’s so hard,” she said.
Since the allegations against Weinstein sparked the #MeToo movement, McGowan has emerged as a vigorous advocate for sexual assault victims.
She added: “I do know that we’re at a really pivotal moment in history and that the eyes of the world are watching and that everyone, even him, deserves a fair trial.
“But that they’re going to pull a lot of unfair tricks and that people need to be aware of that.”
Last month it was reported Weinstein had struck a “tentative” deal with dozens of his alleged victims.
The New York Times said the proposed settlement of $25m (£18.9m) would end nearly every lawsuit filed by those who say they are victims of sexual assault by the former Hollywood producer.
And Weinstein would not have to apologise, or pay from his own bank account as insurers representing the Weinstein Company would cover the settlement’s cost, the report said.
More than 30 actresses and Weinstein employees who have sued him for accusations ranging from sexual misconduct to rape, have agreed to the deal, according to half a dozen lawyers.
A court would then have to approve the settlement before it is paid out.