Trump plans social media comeback – with his own platform, ex-adviser claims

Donald Trump plans to launch his own social media platform in two-three months’ time, it is claimed.

Jason Miller, a spokesman for Trump’s 2020 campaign, said the former president would be launching a social platform that stands to “completely redefine the game”.

“I do think that we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here, with his own platform,” Mr Miller told Fox News.

“And this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media, it’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly president Trump does.”

Mr Miller said he was unable to provide further details at this point, but he did reveal that Mr Trump has been having “high-powered meetings” at Mar-a-Lago with various teams regarding the venture.

He added: “This new platform is going to be big”, predicting that Mr Trump will draw “tens of millions of people”.

Mr Trump, 74, was permanently banned from Twitter following the 6 January attack on the Capitol, for which he used the platform to incite the violence.

More from Donald Trump

  • COVID-19: Donald Trump urges his supporters to get coronavirus vaccine

  • US police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia group to breach Capitol on Thursday

  • Trump’s conference speech: Five takeaways – including ‘windmills’ and the 2024 presidential race

  • Trump CPAC speech: Former president says he may run again in 2024, in first public address since leaving White House

  • Donald Trump is making his first public appearance since leaving the White House – and ‘has scores to settle’

  • Trump set to talk about Republican party’s future in first public appearance since leaving office

In the aftermath, he was also suspended from Facebook and Instagram.

Mr Trump was impeached for his actions but acquitted after just seven Republican senators voted to convict.

Facebook, which indefinitely suspended Mr Trump in January, has asked its independent oversight board to decide whether the ban should stand.

Twitter last week said it would seek public input on if, when and how it should ban world leaders with controversial views.

Mark Gibson

Graduates in Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 1990. Move to Los Angeles California in 2004. Specialized in Internet journalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *