Harry Dunn’s family and alleged victims of Jeffrey Epstein have joined forces to call for Anne Sacoolas and Prince Andrew to co-operate with law enforcement.
Lisa Bloom, a lawyer for six alleged victims of convicted sex offender Epstein, and the Dunn family’s spokesman Radd Seiger have called for both Mrs Sacoolas to return to the UK and Andrew to face questioning from the FBI in the US.
Mrs Sacoolas, the wife of a US diplomat, has been charged with causing the death of 19-year-old Mr Dunn by dangerous driving after he was killed in a crash outside an RAF base in Northamptonshire in August.
The case sparked controversy as she was allowed to return to the US after claiming diplomatic immunity because of her husband’s work.
Meanwhile, Virginia Roberts Giuffrehas claimed she was trafficked by Epstein and allegedly had sex with Andrew in 2001 when she was 17 years old – still a minor under US law. The Duke of York has strenuously denied the allegations.
In a news conference on Wednesday, Ms Bloom said the “parallels between the two cases are eerie”.
“Today we stand with the family of Harry Dunn and they stand with us,” Ms Bloom said.
More from Harry Dunn
Dunn family spokesman: US State Dept are ‘cowards’ with ‘heads in the sand’
Prince Andrew and Harry Dunn suspect ‘swap’ dismissed by foreign secretary
Anne Sacoolas: US refusal to extradite Harry Dunn suspect is a ‘denial of justice’, PM says
Harry Dunn: Boris Johnson phoned Trump to ‘secure justice’ for crash victim
Harry Dunn: Family will ‘never give up’ after extradition request denied
Harry Dunn death: Road safety training for US staff at RAF Croughton after fatal accident
“Both Mrs Sacoolas and Prince Andrew must cooperate with law enforcement.
“I call upon my government, the United States, to return Mrs Sacoolas to the UK to face justice there.
“I call upon the Crown in the UK to require Prince Andrew to come to the US to answer law enforcement questions about Jeffrey Epstein and his own behaviour.”
She added: “No one is above the law.”
Mr Seiger said the US government’s decision to refuse to extradite Mrs Sacoolas was “legally indefensible” and “effectively ripping up the treaty”.
Asked by a reporter if the pair are proposing a “swap”, Mr Seiger said: “It can never be a swap but at the heart of extradition treaties is reciprocity.
“If you want me as a nation to send people you want to prosecute, you have to agree to do the same thing.
“It can never be a straight swap but be careful what you wish for.
“If you want people from the UK like Prince Andrew, Julian Assange.. you have to think about making sure that treaty is followed to the letter.”
Mr Seiger said after meeting Kiki, an alleged victim of Epstein also present at the news conference, what “you see every day is a strengthening and stiffening of resolve”.
In a message to Andrew, Mr Seiger added: “If you have nothing to hide get on a plane and meet with Kiki, and help her and help other victims … there’s no other way.”
During a Newsnight interview, Andrew said he did not recall meeting Ms Giuffre and insisted the alleged encounter in 2001 did not happen as he went to Pizza Express in Woking with his daughter, Princess Beatrice, that day.
On Wednesday, Ms Bloom said that following the duke’s Newsnight interview she had been contacted by a woman who claimed she saw him and Ms Giuffre together in a club on the night they allegedly had sex.
The lawyer said the woman recalled accidentally stepping on someone’s foot in the London club and later realised it was the royal.
Ms Bloom said the woman was willing to talk to law enforcement if asked but she was “in fear of the repercussions” because Andrew is a “powerful person”.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman refused to comment after being contacted by Sky News on Wednesday.