Former US president Donald Trump remains banned from Twitter and Facebook but he might have found a way to get around the sanctions.
Mr Trump has launched a space on his website where he posts messages that can be shared by others on their own social networking pages.
The website is called From The Desk Of Donald J Trump, and a source told Reuters it was built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company created by Mr Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale.
The content of Mr Trump’s posts so far will not surprise supporters or opponents – he repeats his false claims about voter fraud in the last presidential election, and his criticism of Republicans who have not supported him.
He calls Mitt Romney a “stone-cold loser” and Liz Cheney a “big-shot warmonger”.
Mr Trump was banned from a number of social media platforms after his supporters stormed the US Capitol on 6 January.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
Later today, Facebook’s oversight board will discuss whether its ban on the 74-year-old should be extended.
More on Donald Trump
Fox News sued by Dominion Voting Systems for $1.6bn over bogus 2020 election claims
Donald Trump plans social media comeback – with his own platform, ex-adviser claims
COVID-19: Donald Trump urges his supporters to get coronavirus vaccine
US police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia group to breach Capitol on Thursday
Trump’s conference speech: Five takeaways – including ‘windmills’ and the 2024 presidential race
Trump CPAC speech: Former president says he may run again in 2024, in first public address since leaving White House
Twitter has already said its ban is permanent, regardless of whether he runs for office in future, while YouTube will restore the former president’s channel when the risk of violence has decreased.
Both Facebook and Twitter said they have removed content posted from other accounts that tried to circumvent their bans on Mr Trump.