Child dies from suspected brain-eating amoeba infection after swimming in river

A child likely died from a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba after swimming in a river, health officials in the US have said.

The child, who has not been named by officials, went swimming in the Elkhorn River in eastern Nebraska on 8 August and developed symptoms about five days later.

Mark Gibson

Graduates in Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 1990. Move to Los Angeles California in 2004. Specialized in Internet journalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *